Sunday, June 21, 2009

Continuing with the last post. We had a great Sunday. I was asked to teach the English SS class. The lesson was on learning by Faith. There is an outstanding talk by Bro. Bednar entitled Learning by Faith given in Feb. of 2006. You can read it on LDS.org It really gave me something to study and think about this week. Then after I gave the lesson, a member of the Bishopric who speaks English called me to team teach that class. I am not sure who he will ask, but I think it is Kay Beals. We will have a good time doing that together. She is out of town enough that I will probably get plenty of turns. It has always been a fear of mine to be called to teach the Gospel Doctrine class and now it has happened. One thing I did realize as I was doing it today was that all you need to do is ask good questions and the people in that class are good at teaching it. Always great discussion. It really was a good experience.

Happy father's day to all the fathers in our family. We had a very nice day. Quiet and able to rest. It was a hard week, so that was good.

We are starting to see progress in our learning of temple things. Makes me feel very blessed to see that I can really remember things. Now, I need to practice saying them so they will roll off my tongue. That really is a trick. We are well and enjoying our challenge. I think the new is wearing off, and I still like it. That is good. Thanks to all for your support and prayers. We can feel them.

No comments:

Post a Comment