I guess it has been a while since I added to this blog. Time really does go by fast here. We are on our fifth week in the Temple. The people are still being nice to us and we are learning the things we need to do. I actually had a good experience with Spanish in the temple today. Sis Elder helped me and afterwards she said "Your Spanish isn't half bad". I am taking that as a compliment. She has been on three Spanish speaking missions and today she was asked to give the prayer (oracion). She said she wanted to do it in English (Inclish). But, when she got up it came out in Spanish. A very simple prayer and one that I could have iven too. Made me feel a little better knowing that I am not the only one struggling with this language thing.
This morning on the way to the Temple at 6:00 a.m. the ground was wet and there was a heavy mist in the air, but there was also water running down our street and the main street in front of the Temple. We had to wade thru it twice to get to dry ground. They said sometimes the water mains break and it takes them a while to fix them. When we came home at 3:00 it was all dry.
My neighbor gave me some baking powder, so I tried biscuits. They didn't raise. I think it was because the oven was not hot enough. I will try again. I made a chicken soup and added creama de lache-which was a very thick cream. It was very good. Just hit the spot. We have been having a lot of spicey and garlic flavored meals. I was tired of them. I am finding it hard to cook things we like here. I was trying to feel better about it by telling myself that when we go to the market I can't read any of the labels and none of the foods look normal. Anyway, one of our friends in Equador said she made some cereal that would have been good morter for bricks. I know how she feels. We have thrown a lot of stuff away. I made what I thought was cream of wheat and we could drink it. I even looked up all the words in the dictionary and still it didn't work. I will try again using my old tried and true recipe of 2 water to 1 cereal. We'll see how it works. Tomorrow is the day because I again, did not buy enough food for the whole week. Well, we do have milk, and bread and meat and veggies, just no eggs. Guess we could walk to the market that is close and get a few. Maybe tomorrow. When we finish at the Temple we are both so tired we are glad we only live a few blocks from the Temple.
We are getting very excited to more into the Elder's apt. They have a real couch and a rug on the floor and a real dryer for their clothes. There are so many things I find I miss but seem to be able to do without.
I am studying for the Gospel Doctrine lesson on Sunday. I am very nervous about teaching so many well read and knowlegable people. I keep thinking if I can just ask good questions they will teach the lesson. It is on learning by Faith. Very good talk by Elder Bednar on LDS.org in the other talks section. Feb of 2006. Worth a good study. I dreamed that all the priesthood brothern were not there on Sunday and it was just us normal people. I know all the pep talk things about we are all normal etc. but they still make me a lot nervous.
I must admit that I feel like things are staying in my head. I was't sure they would, but had Faith that we are here for a good reason, and we will learn the things we need to do so we can be of service to these sweet special people. I really do love them. They just smile and give such tender greetings. I really love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment