At the beginning of this week I learned that we are not supposed to cross our legs when we are officiating in a session. So, that is only a habit I have had for probably 57 or so years. So, how long does it take to develope a new habit? I remember hearing somewhere it takes seven days. So, I should be about there, but it is still the first thing I do when I sit down. I have those funny looking veins on my legs, but who sees them?
Anyway, it has been a hard week trying not to cross my legs. I did find that my blood pressure is higher when they are crossed. So, there are three reasons not to do it. Veins, pressure and Temple guidelines. Guess I had better keep to this trying to learn not to do it.
Our week in the temple has been real busy. Thurs was a Federal day here which is a day off of work etc. So, we had a full temple all day. In the afternoon we were short on workers, so the veils went very slowly. We had each room full in sessions every half hour. So great. These people came from far away and really brought a nice spirit with them.
Tonight I am bemoaning the fact that I cannot speak to any of these special sweet people. They are so cute when I tell them I cannot speak Spanish. They just smile and leave to talk to someone else. It is fine, but very lonely and they try so hard to make me understand. Quite an experience. I am not sure everyone should have it.
We are busy and happy and enjoying spring weather. We think it is spring. How do you tell?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment