I have no idea how to make the words go with the picture. I think they are probably pretty self-explainatory. We put two twin beds together to make a king and use our linnens from home. It takes almost all of the room. We have to stand sideways to get in and out.
One end of our kitchen is a wash tub full of junk, the washer and dryer. There is no place for storage in this place, so it all ends up there. We have a new washer and an antique dryer that really works well. I really like it. The kitchen end is just like downstairs. The stove is finally one that I can figure out thanks to my neighbors oven thermometer. I have finally found out how to find 350 degrees. That will be a big help.
The living room and dining room are normal. We feel like we have a very comfortable place to live. It is cooler up here because we have a west exposure that gets a lot of the wind.
Notice the size of our TV. See it back there? Dad gets a chair and sits right in front of it. So he can see as well as hear.
Today has been a different Sunday. We got to church and Steve was all ready to teach
a really great lesson to the English SS class, at the end of Sacrament Meeting the Bishop got up and said that we were all to go home now. and read the lessons in our homes. Because of the flu problem in Lima they would not have the rest of the block for this week and next week. How strange is that? We didn't even know anything was going on. We had been using germX at the temple doors and in each spot throughout the temple and cannot shake hands or do the kiss thing with the women, but we were not aware of what is really happening. I guess the schools here have been out for the last week. People have been dying too. We don't really get any news, so we are the last to know anything. It has been a very quiet and relaxing day. We tried a beef roast today. I cooked it about 2.5 hours and it was still rather chewy. I think the beef here is too fresh or something. I have not had a tender piece yet. This week we are going to try a pork loin and see what we get out of it. Always a new adventure.
We are looking forward to a week of afternoons and then two weeks off while the temple receives some needed repairs, etc. I hear we get a new air conditioning system that has thermastats in each room. That will really be nice, because some of the rooms now are cold and others hot. We are also going to get white trim in the back half of the temple. Now it is Cherry Wood and so white will be a big change. I am not sure what else is happening. It will be interesting to see what they do.
We will be off traveling. It will be such a neat trip for us. Still can't believe we are doing this.
If I'm not mistaken, Peru has had maybe two deaths from the swine flu. I doubt that there are more deaths from the flu this year than any other year. I think everyone here in Peru has totally over-reacted. Just my opinion.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your two-week vacation!