
Everywhere we went there were people with their wares. They would not take no for an answer and we would just have to walk away. After you have seen one bunch of stalls you have about seen them all. One place did have some neat books about Peru, so I fell for that.

Here is one of the lillies I was talking about. They are very large and so beautiful.

If you look closely you will see two white dots on the mountain. That is climbers on the OLD INKA TRAIL. How do you spell that? Anyway, you can take the four day treck across the mountains and end up in Machu Picchu. We talked to a couple who did it and they said it was the hardest thing they have ever done in their lives. They have porters who carry your gear and I think they put your tent up and cook for you, but it is still quite a trip. We had some kids at the temple one day and they had done it. One of the girls was so glad to have it overwith and able to go home to her own bed.

This is a set of stairs cut of the stone of the mountain. I think I told you they built around the mountain as much as they could because it is sacred to them. This is all done by hand. Notice the different size of the stairs. All of the steps in that town are various sizes.

This is dad and I on the bus. Notice he has a pepsi bottle for a head rest. We sure did enjoy the trip and have so many great experiences.
Dear Brother and Sr Cordon,
ReplyDeleteWow - what amazing experiences you are having.
Your pictures of the trip were fantastic. I especially enjoyed seeing Machu Picchu. But even more beautiful are your smiles!
I have a friend who is coming to the Lima, Peru temple next week. She has an extra suitcase for anyone to send things. Is there something from the states you have been wanting or needing? (Sorry, can't pack grandkids.) Just let me know as soon as possible.
Diane Till