
This is a street in Arequipa. You can see the little cab left of center. The colonial style is very evident is these old cities. We would call it spanish style.

This picture just does not do this area justice. This is the colca valley. The terraces they use for their fields are from pre-inka times. It is very green and beautiful. I took a viedo of it, but don't know how to share it yet. I will work on it.

Here I am with two of the vendors on top of the point at Colca Canyon. They have on the native dress and sold me a very nice native hat they sewed themselves. Do I really believe that? Notice how tall I am, and these girls were large for their area.

This is the sealion bay where our guide said they come to have their babies. Hence he called it maternity bay. The noise was unblieveable andd the animals were just a solid mass of bodies. Again, I took a video of this. We will see how I can share it.

This is ourside our window in the Colca Valley hotel. You can hardly see, but on top of the rock wall they have put mud and planted cactus. I guess for security reasons. You can see the terraces in the background. It was such a beautiful place to rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment