Today in the temple there were fourty people from Trujillo where the new temple will be built. They were there to start training for the opening of their temple. They come to Lima on a bus and it takes eight hours to get here. They stay the afternoon of Fri. and the day of Sat. then go home. There was quite a range of ages and experience. there was one Sister who has been coming to Lima to the temple once a month for eight years. She will be a big strength up in Trujillo.
We actually stayed home tonight. This has been a busy week with FHE and two dinner apts. So, I made enough stir-fry for an army. We will be eating it for a very long time. It was actually good. I bought fresh bean sprouts and they had the green seed part in the bottom of the package. I got fresh mushrooms, cabbage, celery and onions. We even found a sweet chili sauce that is very much like the one we like at home.
Tomorrow is Sat. The busy day at the temple. I decided from this week that Fri. is about the slowest morning yet. There were a few missionaries and the session I went to was full. So, maybe it was just that I am getting used to the way things run here.
The cool has hit. Yeterday and today as we walked to the Temple we felt drops (OK Pinpricks) of water on our faces as we walked. We could see nothing on the sidewalk and we didn't get wet, but we have figured that is the way it will be all winter. Heavy Mist. Then it was cloudy all day. They say we don't see the sun again until the end of winter when spring starts in about Sept or so. That sounds like a long time to go without the sun for an ole Arizona girl.
I have figured out where the rest of my blog went. I have been signing in with two names and using the same password. So, with one I get a blog that has 9 posts. On the other one I get a blog with 31 posts. Any help with how I combine the two? I tried going to my account and adjusting things there, but I could only get it in Spanish and a lot of the words are not in the dictionary. HELP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment