Well, it is 8:00p.m. and we both are super tired. We were up at 4:20a.m. and have been going all day. It has been a wonderful experience seeing how they actually work things here.
We are in a group of about 15-20 couples. Not too many. I think there are about 4 couples going to be in temples, so we will have a nice group in the temple next week. This week we are doing a lot of learning of how to teach and use Preach my Gospel. They say it is awesome to see the young men teach and they keep it interesting. We have classes from 8:00 to about 5:00 each day. We have a special fireside on Tuesdays and Sundays. I think I will go to choir practice if I can. It would be neat to be in the choir.
We have Spanish on three nights, Wed, Thurs, and Fri. I am a little nervous because I will have a different tutor. I haven't done Spanish for a few days and I feel like it is all gone from my brain.
We will take some pictures tomorrow and add them to this blog.
We are really meeting some neat people. One couple will be going to Lima and living near us. They are doing auditing for the church, so will be gone a lot, but I am sure we will see them often.
We are having an interesting experience with the swine flu scare. There is no handshaking here in the MTC. It is really hard to be meeting all of these people and not shake their hand. We find ourselves sticking out our hands, and then pulling them back. They say that Mexico won't let the missionaries in that have been ready to go. So, I guess they are just hanging out here. That would really be hard. They have the hand sanitizer all over the place here and they want us to clean our hands often.
Dad is ready for bed, and so am I. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment